Monday, April 07, 2014

Week 14

One reason I started blogging this weight loss journey was to write my thoughts so I could pass them on to others struggling with weight loss later on, sort of, "I did it but it wasn't easy and it took time" lesson. Another reason is to allow me to gain perspective on a weekly basis to see progress over time as compared to day to day.

This is a perfect example:
Week 10: 216 lbs
Week 11: 214 lbs
Week 12: 213 lbs
Week 13: 213.5 lbs
Week 14: 211.5 lbs

So taken together we see that over the past four weeks I've lost 4.5 pounds, comfortably over my 1 lbs a week goal. But on the daily basis I feel frustrated because I hit 211 between the week 12 and 13 weigh ins, and hit 211 again between week 13 and 14 weigh ins, but didn't break below 211 on Saturday. So I feel disappointed that I failed to do so, while the big picture reveals everything is going along swimmingly. This is why daily weigh ins can be a bad idea.

Anyway, beyond frustration I've also had a lot of cravings for unhealthy food this past week and especially this weekend. I avoided breaking my goals (for the most part) but I'm struggling right now for some delicious junk food. Hopefully this week I can break down to 210.5 lbs for some positive motivation.

Saturday Weight: 211.5