Monday, March 31, 2014

Unlucky Week 13

I had an up and down week for this one.

Early on in the week I went from Saturday's weigh in of 213 down to 212 and then 211! I broke the 20 lb mark! Hurray! .... And then I prompty had a splurge day on Thursday and ill-advised amount of ma and cheese dinner on Friday and faced 213.5 lbs on the scale on Sunday. *facepalm*

Fortunately I'm back in the saddle and weighed 212 lbs this morning so I expect to be returning to 211 and parts beyond soon. Local highs versus local lows and all that. As long as it keeps trending down over time.

On the day I did hit 211 I was talking to Andrew about my success and how happy I was and another friend piped up asking how I was doing it. I blithely replied "eating less" and he proceeded to inform me that I had to do more than that or else it would not stay off... you know, the usual well intentioned stuff that we all (should) know about lifestyle changes versus fad diets, etc. I said, "yeah yeah, I know the theory and everything" and he started in on me that it wasn't just theory and I should do this and that and I kind of lost it on the poor guy. I know he was trying to help but I hate unsolicited advice, especially about weight control from people who have never been fat in their life.

Saturday Weigh In 213.5 lbs