Monday, February 07, 2005

Weekend Roundup

I'm tired today, didn't get enough sleep last night. I was too warm and tossing and turning, finally drifted off around midnight only to have to get up again at 6 AM. Some people can function just fine on six hours of sleep, I am not one of them. Here we go.


Winterlude


I spent all day Saturday at Winterlude in Ottawa and Gatineau. I had Kim and three kids with me, and we all had a good enough time... but... Man! Lineups were horrible! We spent most of the day simply waiting for something or other. I was done after four hours but we stayed for another two. I was dead tired when I got home. The kids had fun though and that was the whole point of the exercise.


Interference


It appears some religious groups in the U.S. want to influence the debate on Same Sex Marriage in Canada. (Hat Tip Voice in the Wilderness) I find such interference distasteful, but not surprising. I think that as long as they are not directly funding politicians then their opinion can be expressed to those willing to listen. Just make sure you are aware of where the information is coming from.


 

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Canadians are forever meddling in US affairs - I don't see how this is any different.

Jon Dursi said...

Are they? Perhaps you could remind me when the last time a Canadian group spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to effect pending legislation on a purely American social issue.

Anonymous said...

Now how did that happen? I spent the day the same way, well, sans kids 'cause they're teenagers and don't wanna be seen with the old man no more - but you'd think I be able to recognise a fellow blogger :-)

ricky said...

These folks are desperate, the Lord justifies the means in the end or so they think.