Friday, July 07, 2006

Antivirus Frustration

Our Norton Antivirus 2004 came up for subscription renewal recently. Last year I renewed online with no problembut this year it did not work. The activation key did not renew my program. I put in a support request through their online services and besides the automatic email saying my reply was received and would be processed soon, I heard nothing else.


Frustrated, I called billing today telling them to reverse charges since I did not get what I needed. He looks up my order number and finds the order from last year. I look at my printout that I made last week and sure enough, it has July 2005 on it. What the heck? He then searches the system for a charge on my credit card from this year and finds nothing. Odd. I suspect their website software is buggy and got confused and picked up the wrong order when I tried ordering last week. Stupid fools.


Anyway, I ordered new software which they are mailing to us. We'll see if I have issues again next year.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

AVG Free:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

Why pay if you don't have to?